Saturday, May 17, 2014

AN INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE - JEREMY CAVANAUGH

Before coming to China, I was very excited about going on the trip. I have traveled to Europe before and my experience was more enjoyable than I could have asked for. When I heard about the wonderful opportunity to go to China, I knew it would be an opportunity I couldn't let pass me by. I did not know much about the history or culture of China, yet I was instantly eager to embark on the trip, hoping to learn more. The CTBU seminar class helped me prepare for the trip by showing me what to expect and familiarizing me  with some of the Chinese language. My past abroad experiences made me excited for the new journey’s experiences, along with the great people I would meet on the trip.

            So far I have had an amazing time during the trip. My favorite part has been meeting new people from other countries. While I was sitting at a table at Shao Kou, or Chinese barbecue, I was surrounded by international students from all over the world. I've made friends from France, China, the Netherlands, Thailand, Indonesia and The United Kingdom. This is especially interesting to me because I’m majoring in international business. These friends are all very warm and welcoming, and are just as interested in hearing about America and our culture as I and the other American students are to hear about their countries and cultures. I hope that during the rest of the duration of the trip we can become even closer friends - or “mates” as some of them might say - and stay in contact with one another even after we return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment