Thursday, May 29, 2014

LEARNING TO APPRECIATE HOME - BIANCA CHANG

I love it here in Chongqing. The people here are amazing and friendly, and I love my partners. One thing that I feel as if it makes people mad is how I cannot speak Mandarin, even though I am a Chinese American and I was raised speaking Cantonese. They are always wanting to talk to me in Mandarin and I get flustered because they do not understand what I am saying, and vice versa. The atmosphere is very different from America because when you walk off campus, you can smell the aroma of street food. I love the street food more than eating at a restaurant because I feel as if it has more flavors in it. From where the dorms are at, it is easy to get anywhere because the subway station is right next to the university, which is convenient. The things here are very inexpensive compared to America, which is nice for us because we can buy a lot without having to pay a great amount of money.
            The experience so far here at CTBU has been amazing. From making friends with all the other international students to going out and exploring the city, it has honestly been an amazing time. This is the most fun I have ever had with such an amazing group of people. As the days go by, I realized how spoiled we really are in America. We have toilets to sit on with toilet paper always provided for us, we always have cars to take us everywhere we go, and most places will have air conditioning. This makes me appreciate what I have more at home because the people here do not have that type of luxury. I am grateful for everything that I have and I am so thankful to be able to have an experience of a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment